Autumn Blend Travertine Pool Copings
Autumn Blend Travertine is characterized by a beautiful combination of the most popular colors associated with the season: reds, yellows, oranges and browns – accentuated by beautiful ivory and cream colors. These bullnose pavers (a.k.a. Pool Coping) are classically bold and beautiful, perfect for pool edges, steps, fountains, outdoor walls and more! These pool copings are currently available in several sizes and are sold by piece.
Advantages of using Travertine pool copings?
There are so many reasons why you should go for autumn blend travertine pool coping. Let’s have a look on some of them:
- Durable Material: Travertine material is durable and strong and doesn’t lose its look like other natural/artificial products.
- Versatile: Travertine is a versatile material and it can be used both indoor and outdoor. It is usually used indoors for sink counters, floors, showers and tab Outdoor uses are decks, driveways and pool surrounds.
- Stunning Appearance: travertine is amazingly beautiful with attractive colors. It just makes your house look more beautiful and raises its market value.
- Environment-friendly: You don’t need any abrasive or acidic cleaners to clean travertine so it is very environment-friendly.
- Long lasting: Travertine is a natural material and it lasts longer than other natural/artificial flooring and decoration options if handled with care.
How pool copings are made?
Travertine pool copings are made using simple travertine tiles. First of all, tiles are installed in the area. Then these tiles are turned into bullnose using a grinder. And at the end, bullnose is polished and given a perfect look.
Autumn Blend Travertine Pool Coping Design Ideas
1. Pool Decoration with Autumn Blend Travertine Pool Coping:
In-ground swimming pools which are made up of concrete require coping which acts as a cap for the edge. It is a necessity as well as an opportunity to enhance the look of the pool. Autumn Blend Travertine pool coping can increase the beauty of your pool by ten folds. The lovely colors of this pool coping provide a dazzling contrast with the bluish hue of the pool water. By using this pool coping you can have a couple of advantages which are:
- Travertine is a durable natural stone with high slip resistance. Due to this non-slip factor autumn blend travertine pool coping are perfect for your pool’s edge which is used for climbing in and out of the pool.
- This pool coping has a variety of colors and lovely veining throughout its structure which makes sure that your pool looks anything but boring.
- Summer pool parties can become a menace if your pool coping becomes hot due to sunlight. This problem is eliminated with the use of this travertine pool coping as travertine is heat resistant and stays cool to touch.
2. Autumn Blend Retaining Wall Caps
Retaining walls can be improved looks wise by making use of wall caps using pool coping. Wall caps are extremely functional as their slanted edge keeps the rain water away from the opening of the wall. This in turn protects not only the structure of the wall but also keeps the stone surface protected from accumulation of hard water that in turn helps in avoiding water spots.
You can have your wall cap installed with any finish type you desire. Each finish has a unique texture which gives off a different style sense. Some of these finish types are listed below:
- Tumbled: This finish has a natural rustic look with slight coarse surface. The tumbled coping can be filled or unfilled.
- Honed: This is the matte finish with a smooth texture that looks both sleek and modish. It can be filled or unfilled. If your style preference lies on the chic contemporary side of the spectrum then we recommend using this finish.
- Brushed: The brushed finish is a rough finish which is left unfilled. The desired texture of the surface is achieved by brushing the surface with a brush or rotary wire wheel. This finish is not as common in the market as honed and tumbled finish.
3. Stair Treads with Autumn Blend Travertine
Stair tread can be decorated using autumn blend travertine pool coping. The use of these coping at the edges of your external stairs can provide a beautiful addition of color and style to them. You can use the coping in a running pattern while keeping a similar pattern on the rest of the treads. You can also use a combination of patterns such a diamond or basket weave pattern for the treads and subway or regular pattern for the edge made up of coping.
4. Autumn Blend Travertine Pool Coping for Fountains and Fire Pits
Autumn blend travertine pool coping are quite durable and resilient material which is why they are perfect for decoration of external area such as fountains and fire pits. Fountains add an alluring look to your garden when decorated with the autumn blend pavers and pool coping. The coping not only keeps the fountain’s foundations intact but also increases its beauty. Thanks to the heat resistant quality of travertine, this pool coping can also be used for beautifying the edges of your outdoor fire pits. Use tumbled chiseled edge autumn blend fire pavers for covering the sides of the fire pit in English bond pattern and tumbled finish pool coping for the edges.
What to look for when purchasing Autumn blend pool copings?
As travertine is an expensive material, you should always consider few factors before purchasing travertine pool copings. Some of them are:
- Surface Smoothness: You should always check how smooth the surface of a pool coping is. Also, ask for crack warranty and make sure it is more than one year.
- Area/climate Situation: Travertine is not suitable for areas which face long periods of freezing/thaw. Since pavers are installed outdoor and travertine is a water absorbent material, it absorbs water and may receive cracks. Therefore, you should always consider climate situation of the area before installing travertine.
- Cleaners: Always get a right travertine cleaner from your installer. Never use acidic cleaners on the stones. These will harm the stone badly.
- Cost: As travertine is a natural material, it costs a bit more as compared to other materials. In case of pool copings, even a small difference in cost results in big difference overall. Therefore, you should also be careful about cost factor while purchasing travertine pavers and always go for a right dealer after market research.
Tips for maintaining Travertine pool copings?
Travertine is a fragile and soft material and sometimes it is not very thick. So it should be handled very carefully on both the installer and your end. Furthermore, you should always check rates in the market before purchasing the product so you’ll always get it from the right seller and in right price.
By now, you already know a lot about autumn blend travertine pool coping. If you want to purchase some stone or need more information, please contact us back.